Monday 1 August 2011

30 Day Challenge

*Inspired by: High Existence

Was reading articles on high existence and came across one on 30 challenges for 30 days (see above link) and was inspired to take on a few for myself through the month of August. The ones I have chosen are:

#3 Take one picture each day (Hard)
This one gets harder nearing the end of the challenge because at one point you will run out of the easy shots. This one is great to combine with other challenges, a great way to make a photo diary!
--> I will try to post each photo here.

#13 Study a topic you’d like to master each day (Hard)
Always wanted to know everything about Animal Behaviour? Psychology? Physics? Philosophy? Educate yourself without school! Pick a topic, plan at least a lecture or an assignment each day and become a genius on your passion!
--> I've been slowly working on learning Italian for an upcoming trip and have been slacking so this should help me get back on track. Maybe by the end of the month I'll post in Italian.

#18 Inspire yourself each day (Easy)
Studies have shown that people who are inspired are happier, nicer, productive and will not stray away from their chosen path if life gets difficult. So print a quote and tape it to the mirror. Have an inspirational video as your starting page. Use an inspirational mantra for meditation. Get a principle to live by. In short, get your dose of inspiration each day!
--> Now to find an appropriate quote.

#19 Take a cold shower each day (Intermediate)
Cold showers are great for uplifting ones mood, cure stress related diseases, to strengthens ones immune system and to make your skin beautiful. You can read the reports of some HEthens that have been trying it for some time over here!
--> I don't mind the occasional cold shower but a month straight...

#23 Wake up early each day (Intermediate)
It is well to be up before daybreak, for such habits contribute to health, wealth, and wisdom. – Aristotle
--> I like my sleep, this should be interesting.

#24 Keep a journal (Intermediate)
Great for memory, reflection and especially awesome to look back to in the future and remember the good old times when you did these challenges!
--> I'm going to keep my journal here so aiming for daily posts.

#26 Combine challenges (Easy)
Take a photo of yourself reading a different book at a different location. Take 10,000 steps on a new route to meet a stranger and ask for a recipe to try out. Do all challenges, a different one each day. Wake up early to make time to meditate, practice self compassion and yoga. Finish it off with a cold shower!
--> I think my list covers this.

#29 Meditate each day (Intermediate)
--> Seems like a good way for a little "me time" every day.


And so here begins my 30 days challenges. :)

No comments: