Saturday 3 February 2007

Complicating things that aren't

It's not supposed to be complicated and arguably it's not. So, why is it that I keep managing to make it feel that way? I'm getting good at creating unnecessary stress and confusion despite trying to keep things simple. I think too much and I'm not sure how to change that. No one's asking for more than I can give so why do I have this feeling of pressure to give more? I'm such a mess. I feel so broken. I don't even know what the problem is and this makes it difficult to fix. There are so many questions that I can't answer. Some of them don't matter, and I know that, but it doesn't stop me from trying. I don't know what I want and things would likely be simpler if I could just accept this and stop trying to force an answer that I don't have. Does it matter that I don't know what I want? Right now? Not really, yet I seem to stress over this anyway. I really should just be living, enjoying life. Have some fun and stop worrying about what I can't change. Sounds good. Sounds so simple. But, I don't know what to do to do this. I'm attached but disconnected. I'm alive, but am I living? I'm trying but I have to figure out what's worth the stress and what isn't. I need to be me. And I do my best to do that. I don't try to be something just because it's what someone else thinks I should be. That wouldn't make any sense. This is my life and I'm going to do with it what I want, even if currently I don't know what that is. My aim is to have some fun, meet some interesting people, and just see what happens. Simple. Straightforward. And I'll keep trying to stop complicating things that aren't complicated.

No comments: