Sunday 7 January 2007

Broken


Shattered memories
and broken hearts.

A wandering mind
left to wonder.

Nothing makes sense
but everything's in its place.

You're there and I'm here
but something's not right.

I'm not who I was
and I don't know you anymore.

Disconnected
from the reality of what was.

Having a knowledge
I never wanted.

To know love and pain
more intimately than I ever imagined.

Feeling very alone
despite being surrounded by others.

To be looking
for something that's no longer there.

Broken
and scared.

3 comments:

Poetic_bum said...

Wow... do we have something important to discuss this saturday?

slaghammer said...

I was wondering what turmoil that image would stir up. I can’t say I’m surprised, it did the same thing to me.

Forbsie said...

I appreciate the comment. The picture struck me as interesting because I could relate to it. I could see myself in it.