Sunday 17 December 2006

Running into the sun

"To fade away from this place,
To exist in a world of dreams,
To forget the confinements of space,
To live a different life, or so it would seem."
- from To fade from this place by Devon Coupland

This is something I think could be useful. Just to fade out and disappear for a while. Get away from everything to be able to get an outside point of view. Giving yourself the chance to gain a new perspective on what you're walking away from. To leave all stress and worries behind and live a different life for a time. What would be different if I were somebody other than me? Would everything change or would some things remain the same? If I were no longer me would you continue to be you? There are some who would likely not be the same and others who would not see any change. There are those who know me and I have left an impression on, those who know me that I haven't impressed anything of myself onto, those who have impressed themselves on me, and those who don't know me at all. Who would notice if I faded away? Would you? I wonder who would care, and who would wish me to return. Would you notice if I left today? Would it matter? Would you follow me into a world of dreams? I wonder what it would be like. Maybe we could find peace in the shadows or chase the stars along a moonbeam. Forget the logic of space and time and go wherever, whenever. Leave behind the confinements of reality and just be. Let go of pain and confusion and hold onto child-like wonder. See everything again for the first time. Loving for the sake of love. Learning to laugh just because it feels good. Smiling to make others wonder what you're thinking. Spinning till we fall down dizzy just for the pure enjoyment of the feeling. Doing what feels good without question or thought. Leaving sadness and fears behind. Walking away from heartache towards serenity. Skipping along, hand in hand, just because we can. And when we've had enough we can run into the sun just to feel its warmth as we fade away into something new.

No comments: