Friday 22 December 2006

Sick of being in limbo...

What is it that binds us to others? Is it love, in whatever form? It could be a need or want that someone else fills for us. Maybe it's an addiction. What is it that draws us to someone and causes us to pull away from someone else? Why is it that we can care so much about some people and couldn't care less about others? What's different? Obviously the people are, but are we really that drastically different from those around us? Maybe it's just something in our own heads. I can't really say. I slowly gather random bits of information, but currently I don't know what to do with them. I don't have enough to complete the picture. There are all kinds of people that draw me to them and some that make me cringe and shy away. Why? I'm not sure. I haven't been able to figure out the common factor among those that appeal to me or what is lacking in those who don't. I don't know if these thoughts make any sense. I'm really just rambling to quiet my mind. I feel lost and confused and unsure what to do next. So, for now, I'm not going to do anything. I'm trying not to think too much but also not wanting to make any decisions too quickly. I keep commenting that I don't really know what I'm doing and it seems that the more I try to figure things out the more confused I end up feeling. There are some that would tell me to forget it and move on, and others that would say to follow my heart, and I'm sure still more with their own bits of advice, but I'm not sure that any of that is helpful. I don't think this is something that someone else can help me with. It's too much in my own head. It's like trying to find direction with a compass that has a needle just spinning round and round. Not exactly the most useful tool. I'm not really sure that I have any tools besides knowing myself and what I can and cannot deal with. All I can really do at the moment is just give things time. Maybe I'll get lucky and gain some clarity. Thinking of getting away for a while just to leave everything and everyone behind for a bit and just be me. Leave all worries and stress behind and give myself a chance to figure myself out and what it is that I want to do. Hopefully I can figure out something sooner than later as I'm getting sick of being in limbo...

No comments: