Friday 13 April 2007

Can I?

I am but a shadow of myself.
Do you recognize me?
Can you still see who I was?
Because I can't.
I no longer see the carefree little girl,
the one with all the dreams,
all the wishes,
and no fear.
I'm so unsure of who I am,
that I don't even know
where to start
to attempt to figure it out.
What do you see when you look at me?
Do you know who I am?
Can you tell me where to start?
I'm lost.
I'm confused.
I'm amazed,
and in awe of everything.
In some ways I am very much
the little girl I don't remember,
but in others,
I'm nothing like her.
It's amazing how we change
without noticing.
It's amazing what happens
when we're busy with other things.
Life goes on,
regardless of what we might be doing.
I am who I am,
whether I understand what that means
or not.
Can you accept me as I am?
Can I?

No comments: