Sunday 12 November 2006

My mind wanders around in circles. Thoughts of the past, the present, the future, and back again. Looking back on things that once were, events and people that have helped shape who I am now and who I am to become. I wonder about the things that life has in store for me, where I'll end up, and what comes next. I smile at the thought of a simple touch and a single glance. Remembering the way she looked at him and how he never seemed to notice. The things that he did to gain her attention that she repeatedly ignored. A look between lovers that proved they were not in the same world as the rest of us. The random things that one notices while watching those around them. I wonder what orchestra the man outside the coffee shop is conducting. I wonder how they sound inside his head. Watching him, the music sounds good to me. To see the world through another's eyes and get a completely new perspective. Making attempts to describe what I see to someone who's not looking and only sort of listening. There's only so much I can say when I know you are not listening. To begin to understand where I am coming from you need to listen to what I am saying but also be paying attention to what isn't being said. I watch the expression on your face and the way you move. It intrigues me to see what I can learn from what you don't say. Actions can express more than any words ever could. Some people say one thing and do another, what does this imply? It might depend on whether they are aware of the contradiction or not. Maybe they forgot what they had said or maybe they meant to say something different than they did. Hard to say. The particular situation would have it's own effect on the results. Nothing is ever as black and white as we may like it to be. Things happen in full color with all kinds of shades of grey. Take what you find useful and just go with it, don't worry about the extras, it all fits in somewhere and will eventually work itself out.

No comments: