Monday 12 March 2007

Purple tangents and skeleton key inspiration

Throw purple paint through my screaming silhouette and see what happens next. There is no understanding, only sound. A wandering eye leaves an empty head wondering why it can’t see. The volume increases – my silhouette doesn’t like purple. Couldn’t you have chosen another colour? Inspire someone with a skeleton key and see what doors you can open. Where do they lead? Past? Present? Future? Into the void. Released into the unknown and left to fend for ourselves. No map, no direction, only sound. What can you hear? Anything but screaming? My head is ringing. All I hear is buzzing. Can you make out any words? If you can, please pass them on to me because I can’t. Though, I don’t know if I’d understand them from you either. It can’t hurt to try. Well, maybe it could, but I don’t think it will. Do you still have the key? Or have you given it away? We’re at a passage and there’s a lock ahead. I’m not really sure what it’s locking as I only see the lock. Can you tell? The screams echo through my head to the point that I can no longer think. Ringing and buzzing and mass confusion. Take my hand and lead me out. Lead me away from my screaming silhouette. Oh, why did you have to choose purple?! Has the empty head found the wandering eye? It fumbles along but I don’t know if it has good or bad luck. I wonder what caught the eye’s attention causing it to wander away … I can’t imagine it would do very well for long on its own. Please take my hand. My brain’s doing its own thing and I’m afraid. Thinking too much can’t be good. There are too many tangents. Too many directions. Is there a door near by that we can try? Find out where it takes us. Anywhere is better than here. I’m drowning in screams and all I see is purple. Release me into something new. Somewhere. Anywhere. Nowhere. It doesn’t matter. Ringing. Buzzing. Skeleton key inspiration. A leap of faith and I’m gone.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holy! This has a lot of color even though it's quite confusing... something along the lines of a Pink floyd song. I like it.

Forbsie said...

Ha ha ... like a pink floyd song...interesting. Glad you like it.