Thursday 22 August 2013

the scent [of you] remained

the scent [of you] remained
long after [you were gone]
tempting
teasing
inspiring
embracing me
i wrapped myself in it's comfort
that's what i need
comfort
caring
simplicity
easy
so much has gone sideways recently
so many things that once were so easy
have become really complicated

--

i don't know that i have the strength for this
i'm trying to put myself back together
i don't know that i can hold you up too
i want to help
i want to be there for you
but i have to look out for me
i have to be aware
of what i can and can't do
what i have to offer
without detriment to myself
i do so much for others
it's time for me to be selfish for a while
i need to rebuild my base
i need help to do this
and i'm looking to find that in different places

you're not in a space to help me
and i'm not in a space to help you
as much as we want to
we just can't
i think it's going to do more harm than good
to lean on each other
we need to lean on others
keep the communication open
and come back together
when [if] we can

i know this is not what you want to hear
but i can't say what you want me to
not truthfully
this is our reality
this is where we've ended up
i love you
i know you love me
but that may not be enough

No comments: