Thursday 1 September 2011

Final challenge thoughts

Well, my 31st daily photo is up and its now September. My 30 days are over. How did I do? Good with some things and no so good with others. To recap:

#3 Take one picture each day (Hard)This one gets harder nearing the end of the challenge because at one point you will run out of the easy shots. This one is great to combine with other challenges, a great way to make a photo diary!
--> I did pretty good with this one I think. There were a few days where I was unable to take a new photo but still shared one from a day or two before. And I think a few days of taking 100+ photos makes up for one or two missed ones. I plan to try to consistenly share more photos maybe posting one weekly or if ambitious enough daily but not necessarily one taken that day. I'll aim to share these on my facebook page and my own webpage (once I reformat it - thinking more photoblog style is what I want). So, if you're interested keep a look out.

#13 Study a topic you’d like to master each day (Hard)Always wanted to know everything about Animal Behaviour? Psychology? Physics? Philosophy? Educate yourself without school! Pick a topic, plan at least a lecture or an assignment each day and become a genius on your passion!
--> So, not at a point of posting in Italian but still working my way through the course. I think I have at least a functional basis to work with while travelling. Going to continue working on it for my trip (27 days till we leave!) and if I don't complete it before leaving then I will continue when I get back so I complete the course.

#18 Inspire yourself each day (Easy)Studies have shown that people who are inspired are happier, nicer, productive and will not stray away from their chosen path if life gets difficult. So print a quote and tape it to the mirror. Have an inspirational video as your starting page. Use an inspirational mantra for meditation. Get a principle to live by. In short, get your dose of inspiration each day!
--> This one was definitely not a difficult challenge, especially when it's the time of year for festivals and volunteering with amazing people.

#19 Take a cold shower each day (Intermediate)Cold showers are great for uplifting ones mood, cure stress related diseases, to strengthens ones immune system and to make your skin beautiful. You can read the reports of some HEthens that have been trying it for some time over here!
--> If you were following my updates at all you already know I scrapped this one. I like my hot showers and was not finding any benefits to the cold ones so gave them up. If you like cold showers and/or benefit from them good for you. Enjoy!

#23 Wake up early each day (Intermediate)It is well to be up before daybreak, for such habits contribute to health, wealth, and wisdom. – Aristotle
--> This one didn't work out very well, mostly because of my work schedule and switching back and forth between days and nights to accomodate volunteering and other events. I tried, and for a while did well with this. Overall, I'd say it was good for me as I put effort in to doing more with my time, more things I enjoy, and not wasting time laying in bed being lazy.

#24 Keep a journal (Intermediate)Great for memory, reflection and especially awesome to look back to in the future and remember the good old times when you did these challenges!
--> Well, again this varied. Tried to regularly post on here as to how things are going and what I've been doing but sometimes I just didn't feel like writing or putting things out there so it didn't happen. I do see some benefits and maybe I should look into a private journal instead of something being posted online (even if it seems no one but me looks at it).

#26 Combine challenges (Easy)Take a photo of yourself reading a different book at a different location. Take 10,000 steps on a new route to meet a stranger and ask for a recipe to try out. Do all challenges, a different one each day. Wake up early to make time to meditate, practice self compassion and yoga. Finish it off with a cold shower!
--> I don't know how to judge the success of this one. I guess I did it as I took on multiple challenges.

#29 Meditate each day (Intermediate)
--> This is another one that didn't pan out very well. I like the idea, it still sounds like a good idea, but I had a lot of stuggles with this and often found it more frustrating than relaxing. I may try this again some time and see if I can find something that works for me but for now I'll just leave it as is.

No comments: