Saturday 18 September 2010

Forever in memories

I'm slowly beginning to accept the reality that I am no longer an important part of your life. As I think about it, I probably haven’t been for a while and it likely goes both ways. That makes me sad even knowing that it’s part of life, especially when life takes us in different directions. I thought I would see you, talk to you, more than I have. I don’t blame you. It’s just the way things went. I can’t help but think sometimes where we might be had a couple things happened differently. I guess it just fits the idea that people are in your life, or you’re in theirs, for a reason or a season. Occasionally there are bonds made that last a lifetime but these are few and far between. The elusive gem that we’re all searching for, and some of us are lucky enough to find. You and I were not meant to be lifetime friends, well not close ones anyway. I’m coming to accept it, but that doesn’t mean I have to like it. Anyway, just wanted to put it out there. It is what it is and that’s okay. I just want you to know that I love you and I’m grateful for the time we shared and the person you helped me become.

No comments: