Wednesday 4 August 2010

What if...

This has to be one of the worst tracks for my train of thought to go down. It causes me to question every choice I've made that has gotten me to where I am. I wonder what might have happened if I had done this instead of that. I wonder if there's still a possibility of rekindling the past. Things I shouldn't wonder if I want to live in today and appreciate and take care of what I have but I can't help it. It's just the way my mind works. Something's off lately, something seems to be missing but I don't know what. Obviously, if I did know I could do something about it, at least theoretically. I wonder about past relationships that have changed or been lost. I wonder about the ones I love and have loved and wonder if they think of me. I want to know if I missed something amazing and if so, will I get another chance to experience it? Too many questions leading to more questions, driving me in circles of confusion. I don't want to lose what I have but I can't help the curiousity of what I could have had if I had made a different choice. There was passion and care and love and I didn't take it when I had the chance. Tried to obtain it at another possible opportunity but nothing came of it. Maybe that means something and I should let it go. If only it were that easy...my brain, and apparently my heart, don't work that way. I am who I am and the choices I've made have gotten me here. I need to find a way to accept that for what it is and go from here. I need to stop living in my head, in the past, and live in today for tomorrow. I can't go back so why can't I stop thinking about it. I need a good cry, a good friend, and a hug.

No comments: